So the last few days managing the patio/driveway project has taught me a lot.
- There is quite a bit of dust when you do this type of work.
- There are A LOT of pipes in my yard. Some go to sprinklers that don’t work, some went to the previous owners fountain collection, some go no absolutely nowhere and just ended in the middle of the yard, and some just go off into the distance to the next mystery to uncover. I wish I had more pictures of all the pipes but the project moves fast and we demoed all the exits at once so it was not easy to get in and out of the house.
- Did I mention the Dust, it is everywhere
- We, by that I mean the company, is moving 20 tons of material out and in during this week.
- Expect the unexpected. I learned this when we renovated the house but was not so gently reminded of this yesterday around 2.
- We have an amazing family who has helped a ton in the past few days with all the unexpected fun.
- I now know how to shut the water down to the house. Bonus.
These are the pavers we chose. I love the texture and colors. What has been installed already looks amazing. Can’t wait to share the final pictures.