The patio/driveway replacement is in full swing now. I am happy to report it is moving faster than expected, which is so exciting. I have learned a few more things this week.
- There is a lot of dust generated by this type of work.
- We have several different type of pipes in our yard: Sprinkler pipes to non-working sprinklers, drip irrigation tubes that went to old fountains, pipes that lead no where and just end, and the best ones are the pipes that just disappear into another part of the yard. A mystery for a later time. I wish I had more pictures of the backyard pipes but demo went fast.
- Did I mention that everything was covered in dust.
- I now know how to shut down the water for our house.
- It takes my father in law 7 minutes to get to my house when I call in a panic, see #4.
- Expect the unexpected at our house. Although, a lesson I learned when we renovated the house I was gently reminded by that around 2 yesterday afternoon.
- There is 20 tons of material coming out and going in for the project.
Here is the stone we picked, Belgard Positano. I love the colors and texture to them. Can’t wait to share the finished product.