I love to bake.
I love to bake things that have multiple steps with a laundry list of ingredients.
But sometimes your child/husband tells you at 8 o’clock at night that they needed a dessert for the school bake sale or company picnic the next day.. That is when I find myself going to the pantry and making my “famous last-minute cupcakes”. They are based on a boxed cake mix ‘classed up’.
You will need:
- Box Cake Mix (any flavor you like)
- Whatever additional ingredients the box calls for (mine was eggs, water and Oil)
- Sour Cream
- Start by making the cake mix per the directions on the box. Then add a 1/4 cup of sour cream and a tablespoon of vanilla. Mix well to incorporate.
- Line the cupcake pan with papers and place a Oreo in the bottom of each cupcake paper.
- Pour the batter in on top of the Oreo.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean with inserted into the cupcake.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting them.
- Pack up for the next day and remind your family that advanced notice is a good thing.