Summer travel season is in full swing. A good rule for travel, whether you are going to day camp, the grandparents or around the world, label everything. So I thought what better way to start getting ready for our upcoming vacation than to make luggage tags. I made these as favors for the guest who traveled to my wedding and they were a huge hit. It also gave my daughter a chance to customize one for her own bag.
You will need:
- Self Laminating Pouches
- Paper or postcards
- Hole Punch
- Ribbon or Plastic Tag
- Cut the paper or postcards down to the desired size. Make sure to cut it smaller than the pouch so you have room to seal it.
- Decorate, Decorate, Decorate. I bought some beach themed stickers for our trip this year. My daughter tried to use them all on one tag. She likes a lot of flare.
- Write the relevant information on the opposite side of the tag. She opted to have the tags be different colors on each side. So I taped the two together.
- Place them inside the pouch and seal it tight. Remember to go over the edges carefully and get any air pockets out.
- Take the hole punch and make a small hole in the end. In the past have used a set of tags that was designed to be luggage tags. These are a bit smaller than the ones I used here. I need more room to decorate.
- You can either use ribbon or a plastic strap to attach it to the bag.
Enjoy your trip and Thank You for Playing.
SUPER cute!!! Must try! 🙂
This is such a great idea!!!
What a fun project to do with the kids! And practical too 🙂