Summer travel season is upon us. This means countless hours spent in confined spaces doing everything and anything we can to prevent our kid from being “That Kid”. My child much like every child in the world loves stickers. Wait I mean “LUV” stickers. She can never have enough. I mean truly how many stickers can one human need. The answer is infinite…
Here is my answer to the travel sticker question. This is great for your kids to participate in choosing their own shapes and colors to make their board. Even better they are are easily transportable.
You will Need:
- Foam Board
- Felt (Adhesive Backed)
- Felt (Multiple Colors)
- Adhesive Velcro (hook side)
- Cutting implement(s)
- Anything else your heart desires
- Take the piece of adhesive felt and measure it against the foam board. The foam board will give the felt rigidity.
- I used a rotary cutting tool, mat and ruler to measure and cut the foam board.
- Remove the adhesive and apply the base felt level to the foam board.
- Let your imagination run free. Shapes, Flowers, Buttons, Ribbon, Foam People, Oh my. Cut the items down to desired shapes.
- Place a small piece of the hook side velcro on each piece of decoration. A great job for little hands.
- Place all the bits in a zip bag for easy travel.
- Sit back and enjoy the countless hours or minutes of silence this craft brings. And yes that is a glitter shoe on my table too.
Thanks for playing.